SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazypup

Bigack-here are some photos for you

lazypup
13 years ago

In Austrailia they have a custom called "Walkabout" which literally means to just go exploring your surroundings with no definite destination, schedule or time to return. After I retired I decided to get back into photography as a retirement hobby, mostly just to have an excuse to get out of the house regularly. Jan (wife) had no previous experience in photography so she decided to be my student so to speak, so I outfitted her with my backup DSLR and we formed what we call the "Walkabout Photo Club". We just grab our cameras and head out on a local day trip, not specific place in mind, but just look to see what we can find close to home.

The first photo is one that Jan took of me at the Lupa Game Farm, which is a small private zoo near where we live. Later when editing her photos she could not resist adding the caption.

The next shot was taken at a local free car show in a parking lot near our house. I have titled this one,

The Youngest Biker Chick.

And here is a couple more

I decided to try to expand the membership in our photo club so I went to the local Senior Center and talked it over with them. The club is nothing formal, just a great excuse for friends to get together and go to a local point of interest.

They have now talked me into teaching an rather informal photography class and we are all having a ball.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!