SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ash8177

Progress in dining room.

ash8177
13 years ago

I posted a while back asking for help in my dining room. I wanted to reply to my original thread but had login issues with every attempt. And I don't know how to directly link you guys to that thread but here is the url:

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/decor/msg1114003129003.html

Anyway.. I ended up keeping the two smaller cabinets.. a hutch and a corner cabinet.

Here's pics:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I painted the walls Raffia Cream by behr. Dh still has to replace outlets and switches for me and replace the chandelier. And I need to hang window treatments, find a plant for the plant stand and change the hardware on the corner cabinet.

Springtime I'll be refinishing the table to match the hutches better.. it needs to be refinished anyway! Hardwood floors are in our plans too but it might be a while before we get to that.

So, what do you all think? What should I change?

Does that painting look out of place in the dining room? Does it look crowded in there? The room is a bit over 10x11 by the way. Does the decor on the cabinets look ok.. I was worried the candlesticks on top of the corner cabinet might look odd. Should I put a rug under the table?

Any comments/suggestions welcomed! :D

Comments (10)