Hugs, Donna (^_^)

• alisande
    14 years ago

Sending a big hug, too, Kat.

• kacram
    14 years ago

HI... thanks!

Good morning!

well, it's not the greatest news. Doc says the tumor size according to the CaT scan hasn't changed much. The written report showed .6 cm smaller. (point 6 cm just over a half of a cm I guess, lol). And he says that means to him it hasn't changed .. he is considering it the same size because a different radiologist read the scan and it's not totally precise. So, he cancelled chemo yesterday. Doc wants to do another test. He gave me a choice of a CT guided needle biopsy, or a PeT Scan. I chose the Pet scan. The last biopsy I had was totally scary because the tumor is located up next to the spine, on the inside.. facing my lovely innards! lol And as they were going over the risks of paralysis, perforated bowels and the such, I decided it wasn't such a neat idea! lol

Anywho... he says it's possible that what is showing on the Cat Scan that I took on Tuesday is scar tissue. And that the pet scan could show that...he says it is possible that the tumor has stopped growing. Doc said pet scans are second choice for my lymphoma because of cost and the iv of radiation, but that it might give him a better idea if this is scar tissue. It it doesn't we, well, I guess I, lol will have to do the CaT scan guided needle biopsy but I worry about that because the barely got enough tissue last February to send to the lab. I probably won't be able to get the PET til the last half of next week. And the results the following week. They have to get approval from insurance. THAT is the part I'm worried about! LOL Gary went with me, but he had to get back to work after the appointment . Gotta pay for that insurance! lol And since i wasn't going to be at the "chemo bar" for 7 or 8 hours today, I took myself to a movie! LEAP YEAR.. it was okay. I've seen better, but I've also seen worse! WAY worse! lol AND because of Weight Watchers, I didn't even buy myself any comfort food... like that LARGE popcorn! It smelled so good, but really isn't worth 1600 or so calories! I packed a little to eat in chemo, so I ate my chicken breast and apple during the movie!

then I stopped at an antique store and it was BAD! Then hit a furniture store on the way home. Nothing there floated my boat either! And we just might need a boat with all this rain! I wonder if they are going to have enough snow for the Olympics?

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for posting, Kat!

We luvs you!

• sjerin
    14 years ago

Hey, Kat, it sounds a little bit promising. My friend with follicular nhl was told his pancreas might be involved at first, but the pet scan he had after the first 6 months of chemo showed that it was not. Whew! That was one happy boy. I'm glad to know you're having that scan, as it seems to show tissue pretty well. (I don't know this, just guessing from what I've been told.) I've got to rush off now but know that I'm thinking of and praying for you.

• alisande
    14 years ago

I'm so glad you posted. It might not have been the greatest news, but it wasn't the worst news either. Good reason to hope for better news from the pet scan. And as always, Kat, I love your attitude and resilient spirit!

• Mystical Manns
    14 years ago

So while there is some question about whether the tumor has shrunk at all, there is *no* question that it didn't grow? That is good news, yes?

I know nothing of Pet scans and CT biopsies and such ... I just know I'm praying for your doctors to offer you the best choices possible, and for those choices to lead to your recovery.

((Kat)) Wish I was near enough to hug you in person.

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

I'm happy to see you're back posting again. Hope this means you're feeling a bit better.

• kacram
    14 years ago

Hi! thanks! I was lazy and I cut and pasted from an email that I wrote tuesday night.. sorry! But I guess you could probably tell that, huh? LOL

"no* question that it didn't grow? That is good news, yes?"
    absolutely! yes!
    and the other good news would be that since I've gained 12 lbs more than my goal weight, this gives me 2 weeks to work out and work out HARD to get back to my goal weight before I get more chemo! lOL Yea,,, good news, I guess! lol

Kat, the only chemo patient you know that gains weight! LOL

• liz
    14 years ago

so glad to hear the news Kat...I'm in your RAH RAH corner!!

• Mystical Manns
    14 years ago

You're doing well, my dear! The chemo cocktail that I was supposed to have, before the test that determined my tumor probably won't come back, was predicting a 25 - 40 lb. weight GAIN. I said ... WHAT????? The two positives I was looking at, was losing weight and curly hair when it came back ...

So I'm extremely PROUD of you for being on top of your weight gain and keeping it at a minimum. Rah! Rah! Cheerleading in your corner!

• kacram
    14 years ago

"The two positives I was looking at, was losing weight and curly hair when it came back ... "

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! seriously! lol THOSE were MY two silver linings NINE years ago! ahahahaha
    I told DH, well at least I'll lose weight! HA .. no I gained about 50! AND I said, with the stories I've heard, I might actually get CURLY hair for a while, and maybe red! ahahahahahahahah.... yeah, NOT! I lost only 1/3 of my hair.. and the new stuff that did grow in was a little curly for a while, but mostly WHITE! lolol

• erica
    14 years ago

Sending lots of well wishes your way! Hope it's just scar tissue, and also hoping they'll be able to tell that without the icky scan you described (yikes!). Kudos to you for resisting that theater popcorn, too, lol!

• Granlan_TX
    14 years ago

Count me in as part of your Cheering Squad, Kat!

And thanks for the update..keeping my fingers crossed that the PET Scan will answer all doubts and prevent you from undergoing that other test, too. :)

• nodakgal
    14 years ago

I'm here joining Kat's Cheer Leading Squad!
    You're never far from my thoughts sweet gal!

• lydia1959
    14 years ago

Hoping it is just scar tissue Kat! Thanks for the updates!

• veta
    14 years ago

Best wishes. I love your indomitable spirit!
    Veta

• katclaws_mo
    14 years ago

Thanks for the update, Kat. You're sense of humor always cracks me up in light of all that you've been having to go thru. Count me in as part of you Cheering Squad. Keeping you in special thoughts, as always.

• sandiefl
    14 years ago

Kat, I am so happy to hear from you.You are amazing to me, and sort of my role model.When I think of what you have gone through and how strong you are, it keeps me going.I did lose all of my hair, and like you and stoneybaloney, I was thinking I should at least be able to lose weight and have beautiful red hair and curls. I even got a free brand new red wig from the Cancer Center. I did lose some weight and now that the chemo is over I have some hair, look like a baby bird when their feathers just start coming in. Sad to say it is more silver and gray than red. But hey, at least it is growing and I only have 18 more radiations when it started out at 30. So, know that you are in my prayers.

• pattico_gw
    14 years ago

Kat...can you tell how much you are liked here. It just pours out of each reply.

And about you having a good attitude....We are all sitting here worrying about you and YOU lift up OUR spirits.

Hoping all the best for you.

patti

• sjerin
    14 years ago

You said it, patti! Kat, you never cease to amaze me.

• kacram
    14 years ago

ah, thanks everyone!
    but I'm no different than any other patient.
    Well, just a tad wierder. ( is THat a word? lol)

Sandie, MY treatments are a piece of cake compared to yours, Maryann's and others.

still waiting to hear about the approval. I just called the insurance company and it isn't even in the system yet. too many sickos! lol

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida