SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love_the_yard

Large Basket - Antique, Vintage or New? Value? (photos)

I picked up this basket at a thrift store for such a ridiculously low price, it would be embarrassing to post it. The basket is HUGE - almost two feet across - and I just love it. Last night I spent some time searching the internet trying to learn something about it, but I couldn't find anything. (Please see photos below).

Like I said, the basket is very large, 22 inches in length. The handle is thick, solid wood. The basket is in excellent shape. Does anyone know anything about appraising or valuing a basket? Is it old? Or something recent/new out of World Market or a similar store? Does it have any significant value?

How would you use it to decorate? It does have a flat surface on the bottom, but that "sweet spot" is not very large and if contents are not well-balanced, the basket tends to roll. I thought about putting a two large houseplants inside and putting the basket either in my entryway or on the fireplace hearth. It isn't the right shape/balance to hold magazines or reading material. It could hold extra rolled towels in the bathroom. What would you do with it?

Thanks for information and suggestions!

Carol

How the handle attaches inside:

Another photo of how the handle attaches on the inside:

A third photo of how the handle attaches on the inside:

How the handle attachment appears on the outside:

Comments (20)