SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindabarbara_gw

Mini Blinds, Fabric Blinds, Bamboo Shades??? Help!

16 years ago

I am not one for shades or blinds; I love the wide open window look though I love and do use valances and curtains. Now here is what I am agonizing over. I have a bay window in my condo that looks out directly at the street. There is a small lawn area directly in front of the window. When people pass by, they stare into my window. I hate the thought of covering the window so I need something that will close up the window at night, yet let in the light of day during the day.

The previous owner had sheers in a short length that come to the window sill. I have purchased drapes and valances, but the drapes will not be on a traverse rod to cover the windo. I want to extend the width of the window by placing the rods beyond the window's edge.

My question: I feel the mini-blinds might be out of style (let me know if you think so) but they would let the light in during the day and can be closed at night.

PS: My sofa is directly in front of the window, so anything that I have to open and close has to be accessed from the side of the coach.

I'm at work :) so I don't have a picture to post, but any and all suggestions for what or how to treat this window would be very much appreciated.

Comments (10)