SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftlady07_gw

DH is getting burned out (DIY reno)

craftlady07
13 years ago

I think I just need a little motivation or inspiration or something. Our kitchen reno is a complete DIY project except the cabinets (including installation). The cabinet maker will be ready to install the cabinets on 1/18/11 (about 2 weeks). We've been without a kitchen since November 6th. Our living space is less then 1,000 sf and the kitchen is in every other room in the house. I'm maintaining my cool for now, but I can feel the anxiety and the frustration welling up inside. I knew it would take about 3 months and so far things are going well but we're really starting to slow down now and I'm nervous.

We have 3 recessed light cans to install, he has to run the wires for the UC lights, 2 spaces b/t studs have to be insulated and then we have to install the radiant floor heat panels and the cement backer board and do the drywall on 3 walls. The floor area is about 13x20 and there are 3 9' high walls (12', 9' and 8' long) plus the ceiling to drywall.

DH is telling me that it's a tight time frame and we're cutting it close. The cabinet maker has no problem sitting on our cabients for a while but I am afraid of the raging lunatic that I will become if I know our cabients are ready but my kitchen isn't. He had 2 weeks off around Christmas and did not get done NEARLY as much as he expected to. I have to watch what I say so I don't nag him and he does the complete opposite (sits on the couch and ignores me).

2 more weeks and I *might* have a semi-working kitchen!!!! :) :)

Comments (45)