SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nizzle_gw

Toe Kick Heater Beacon Morris

15 years ago

My HVAC contractor recently installed a Beacon Morris k84 hydronic toe kick unit under one of our kitchen cabinets. Unfortunately, the unit is not working.

I have a two pipe hot water system.

The toe kick heater replaced a functioning cast iron radiator. The toe kick heater is about 6 feet away from the former location of the cast iron radiator.

The toe kick heater has electrical power.

The toe kick heater blower wheel turns freely.

All other radiators in my house are heating properly.

Hot water is not flowing through the supply line that feeds the toe kick. The hot water seems to be bypassing the piping to the toe kick. When the HVAC contractor tested the toe kick unit, he bled the line, which pulled hot water through the supply line, activating the blower wheel. When the contractor stopped bleeding the line, hot water eventually ceased flow through the toe kick supply line.

I don't understand why hot water flowed through the supply line with the cast iron radiator, but hot water does not flow through the supply line with the toe kick. What might cause this? What are possible solutions to the problem.

I've tried to reach Beacon Morris by e-mail and phone, but tech support is not available.

Please advise. The HVAC contractor is coming over today to attemt a solution.

Comments (2)