SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estark_gw

Contract for Trane 16i communicating - delivered non-communicatin

estark
13 years ago

I just had a Trane furnace / heat pump installed. I requested the XL16i and specified the communicating model that is listed on the Trane website. This is the model number on the contract. Without telling me, they delivered the non-communicating model. This was paired with the XC95 furnace.

I called Trane and they mostly said the communicating model wasn't being made anymore and that the website incorrectly listed it as available. Trane said that there may still be some available in the supply chain, but wouldn't confirm. They said I needed to work with my installer to resolve this and wouldn't give any info as to what I would actually be losing. I am waiting to hear from the installer and don't really know what to do.

Can you give me advice as to what to do since it seems like the communicating model isn't available? Should I demand that they upgrade to the XL20i or some sort of refund? What other options do I have?

Also, the installation crew said that I don't actually lose anything functionally since I have the Visionpro IAQ thermostat. Is this true? What do I lose?

Thanks for your ideas.

Comment