SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsee_gw

Why Not use Vinegar and the Extra Rinse

mrsee
14 years ago

I have been using the extra rinse option for years in my top and front loaders. Have you ever seen that ugly dirty ring around the top of the load washer water line in your top loader? Well using distilled vinegar and the extra rinse will insure that all the laundry soap and dirty water is removed, you will have no more crud or musty odors in your front or top loader. I am on my 5th front loader set over the years, for me I have never had any odors or ring around the tub in my washers. You may not see the dirt ring but it is there on the outer tub of the front load washer you only see the nice outer tub. The vinegar rinse is use in place of the fabric softner. My fabric softner dispenser is never clogged up and the vinegar take will remove the static. The white distilled vinegar is very inexpensive and works well, it is a good idea to leave the door open for the washer to dry, don't close it completly it will air dry dry inside after a few hours . If you use bleach and a hot wash this will help to sanitize the washer as well. The dryer sheets leave a film coating on the dryer screens which puts a limit on the air flow through the lint filter, then you must rinse the lint filter with hot to clear the film off the screen,now not to scare anyone but this is one of the causes of dryer fires.

Comment

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!