SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

What's the 'rule' with drawer bases?

kmgard
15 years ago

I actually have two questions about this:

Like many of you here, I'm planning on having mostly drawers for my base cabinets. But when I think about what I'm actually going to put *in* the drawers, I run into a bit of a dilemma. I have a long run along one wall which ends with a 30" 3-drawer base followed by an 18" 4-drawer base. The 3-drawer base is three 4.5" shallow drawers above one 9" deep drawer. I will use two shallow drawers for utensils and saran wrap, foil, storage bags, etc. The other shallow drawer and deep drawer will most likely be for pet supplies since it's right by the back door. The wider drawer base will hold dishes, so the drawers are deeper: 4.5" on top, then 9", then 10.5". Will these two configurations look funny next to each other, or is it okay to have non-matching drawer bases next to each other? You can see drawings of these units on page 1 or bigger on page 2 here.

I also plan on using those same 3-drawer bases (except 33" wide) for my pots and pans on either side of the stove. I wanted that 4.5" drawer on top for stove utensils on one side and spices on the other. I do have the option of choosing a 2-drawer base (two 12.5" deep drawers), which they recommend for storing cookware sets, but I measured and I think the 9" and 10.5" deep drawers will work for my pots and pans. Anyone know if there is a "standard" for this?

Thanks!

Katie

Comments (4)