SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

follow-up... first time as a KD becoming less complicated

mamadadapaige
14 years ago

hi all,

just wanted to circle back... I had posted a while back about my friend's kitchen that I am doing the design for. I had the draws/door fronts and was looking to have boxes made as a cost savings alternative for her. You all advised me that it would not end up being a cost savings and to just price out a value line of cabinetry.

Well, I was standing tough and not wanting to give in, but in the end, I realized you are right! Trying to make those draws/doors work was such an enormous pain in the tail and probably would have ended up being frought with issues (which frankly I am not experienced enough to handle).

I am now in the process of getting quotes on new cabinets. Looking at Medallion Silverline and having the showroom I interned for (Brookhaven) get me a price. I revised the floorplan to eliminate the compromises that using what I had entailed and I have kept the number of boxes and bells and whistles to a minimum to keep her costs down.

Am crossing my fingers and hoping for good pricing so that she can move forward with this.

As a first job this has had its twists and turns but now that I have let go of using the draws/doors, it is so much more fun working on this.

Thanks for the original advise... took me a while to take it, but now that I have I am relieved.

Comments (3)