SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renee_b

Sears detergent... Not just for laundry!

renee_b
14 years ago

I use this powder detergent for most of my laundry and love it. I'd like to share a couple of other uses of Sears detergent that I've found out. While our brick house got the Thompson's Water Seal treatment, our brown garage doors got splattered with the sealant and dried. They turned into a splattery white mess. Since this is an oil base applicant, I thought I'd use some Dawn Dish detergent, bucket of water and a scrubbie. I only did half of the door, waiting for it to dry to see the difference. The Dawn made things worse, it actually smeared the white splatters. I then decided to try a scoop of Sears powder (dissolved in hot water first) in the water bucket, with fresh water and a green scrubbie. I couldn't believe that every white speck was gone. The doors looked brand new again. I then decided to try cleaning the old oil spill in the driveway. It cleaned it up pretty good but because it was there for awhile, there was a very faint spot, but I was very happy with the outcome. I'm going to try the sidewalk in the front of the house where the bushes hangover and it's green from mold later on in the week. Anyone else use this great detergent for other things?

Comments (3)