SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

I made it to work and back again, but....

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

couldn't get up my own driveway! Picked up one of my co-workers this morning and we left for work, got there only a few minutes late. Nasty, freezing rain coming down the whole way.

Coming home, the car and parking lot were covered in ice and we had to skate to the car and then hack the ice off before we could leave. The roads were a sheet of ice and people were off the road after sliding on hills into ditches. Picked up Lauren and her friend from her friend's house after dropping off my co-worker and had to sit in the road next to her friend's house. Her road sloped down so Lauren had warned me about not going on her street at all. Coated in ice I would never get back up it again.

Then we got home and my driveway slopes down, couldn't drive up it so someone got the bright idea to pull up onto the grass (more traction, yeah right...). I got stuck in the dip on the edge of my lawn. Couldn't go up or back and I was sticking out about three feet into the road. Alex came out and the girls got out to push but they couldn't budge it. I was about to get out and walk up the house and call a tow truck to get me out of the road when a truck stopped and a guy got out to help and then a few of my neighbors came out to help. LOL! They got the car out of the dip, onto my driveway and then got their snow shovels and cleared the driveway off to get the car into my garage. Wow! How nice was that? I told them the driveway was fine, but they said it would be better in the garage.

So, I made it here to Lexington and back, about 25 miles on ice but couldn't even get up my own driveway.

I hope no one else had to go out in the mess today. I'm now off till Friday and hope the weather's better. We're supposed to get more snow tonight, it's freezing rain now. Hopefully the power won't go out tonight. Cross your fingers!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!