SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wobbling

Major Kitchen remodel - stubborn layout

wobbling
10 years ago

Hi,

I've been lurking the forums as I've worked with my designer on a full house remodel of my early 1900s California bungalow. Now that I've gone back and forth through the discussion, and worked through the first 20 or so iterations of my kitchen design I'm here to get your opinions.

Part of the remodel includes taking out a middle bedroom to relieve what is currently a cramped kitchen layout. The layout attached here is the expanded kitchen, that will look out on my deck and yard. There's a lot of space, which is exciting to me, but the kitchen is pretty long and narrow.

I do quite a bit of cooking, and frequently have at least one other person in the kitchen cooking with me. I also have small groups of people over, and with my friends being who they are, we often congregate in the kitchen.

My remaining problems are with the workflow within the kitchen. Right now I'm torn on how to bring the main appliances into a natural flow without a)pushing everything to the back (East) of the kitchen, or b)leaving the entire east wall blank and effectively unused.

As I mentioned this is a full remodel, so other than the main walls, I don't have countertop, appliance, utility, or other limitations on where things go.

Here's the kitchen

and

here's the whole house

Thanks for any of your feedback; I'm a bit stuck here and can't wait to get on with the remodel.

Comments (6)