SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barnhouse333_gw

Kitchen in major need of re-model.

barnhouse333
11 years ago

Hi All! We are beginning to plan a remodel of our kitchen. We have been living in our house for almost three years, and the kitchen is in major need of an overhaul. The house is 35 years old and the kitchen is original. So far, what I am planning:
New cabinets. Bases probably from IKEA to save on $ and Shaker door fronts from a different company. Hoping to keep everything in the same place except the refrigerator. We would like to move the refrigerator in the space currently being used for a pantry. Where the refrigerator is currently we would like to put floor to ceiling cabinets. No upper cabinets- open shelves.
Colors: Cabinets: dark grey with silver pulls
Sink: white farmhouse
Countertops: Quartz, something marble-like. Perhaps Cambria Torquay if it is not too expensive or perhaps a white granite of some sort if the coloring is right.
Backsplash: subway tile with grey grout

We have never done a major remodel of a kitchen or bath- we have mostly done light remodel work i.e. painting cabinets, tiling, etc., so this job feels daunting and yet we are trying to not put more money into the house then we will be able to get back out.
Random issues: I am unclear about the stove that we currently have- there isn't an exhaust above it, and I don't see a vent outside indicating that it is a downdraft...
Lots of beams to work around.
So many things to think about. Would love any feedback to my current ideas and any other ideas that you may have. :) Looks like I can only load one picture at a time, so I will load a couple more so that the whole kitchen can be viewed as well as the general style of the rest of the house.

This post was edited by barnhouse333 on Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 20:01

Comments (20)