SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipcom_gw

Trane Heat Pump...should I keep looking?

13 years ago

I want to install a heat pump and take advantage of all the rebates and incentives, many of them expire at the end of the year. My first estimate was from Trane. I must admit I was very impressed with the sales person. He came to my home on a Saturday and spent over an hour looking at my house and explaining to me my options.

I live on the Oregon Coast, where it is a very mild climate. We only get a few days each year where it gets below freezing, and it rarely gets over 80 in the summer.

The dealer suggested a 3-ton Trane XL-15i with a 10KW Variable Speed Air Handler

This is rated at 9.0 HSPF and a 9.0 Seer. Since I live on the Coast and it never gets very warm, I am thinking that the Seer level is fine. My local utility goes off the HSPF rating for its rebates anyway.

The Warranty is 5 years parts and labor, 10 yrs on Parts & 12 years on compressor.

The bid also includes Removal of old air handler & thermostat.

Adapt Air Handler to existing ducting

Trane XL-800 Thermostat & Outdoor Sensor.

Concrete pad & Refrigerant Line for Heat Pump Unit.

Test system to meet Factory Specifications

Breakdown: System Cost = $6987.00

PTCS Testing = $1000.00

Total Cost = 7987.00

After Rebates Net Cost = 4377.00

Any other suggestions?? Does this sound reasonable?? Anybody recommend another brand other than Trane?? From XL15i seems to have a pretty good reputation.

Thanks for any and all help!

Comments (13)