SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_md_gw

Question on Mr. Slim Split-Ductless Heat Pump

brenda_md
15 years ago

We are replacing our current patio and arbor with approximately a 375 sq. ft. four-season room. Originally, it was not our plan to bother with A/C as the room will have ample windows to open and ceiling fans (the room is on the North side of our house). However, we know it will be used a lot and there probably will be times when A/C would be appreciated on some of our hot, muggy mid-Maryland summer days.

Our current heat pump will not be large enough to tap into. The Mr. Slim heat pump was recommended as a cooling option for this room and it would also provide heating for cold days. Previously we were considering electric baseboard as the heat source. Regardless, our plan is to have a small gas fireplace for heat in the coldest months to take the chill off quickly and for ambiance. The Mr. Slim heat pump will be more reasonable for cost efficiency compared to electric baseboard heat as we will always want some low level residual heat in this room when not in use.

Since the Mr. Slim inside unit is recommended to be on the wall or ceiling, my question is how much warmth is radiated onto the flooring? Our flooring will be a cement slab with tile over top. I am sure the electric baseboard would have been great at radiating heat to the flooring in the cold months, but again, it would also be more expensive. By the way, with this room on the North side of our house, there will be no direct sunlight into the room in the winter months. For those of you with experience with the Mr. Slim heat pump, I would like to hear about your experiences. Thanks.

Comments (3)