SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bahacca_gw

Before and Afters!!!

bahacca
11 years ago

First, I need to thank everyone here for their words of advice, support and ideas over the past couple years. I feel like i'm finally completing a chapter in a book I've been reading for far too long!
Here are the befores:

THe journey began with me restaining cabinets in our small bathroom. From there, over the course of 2 years, I stripped and restained all of our cabinets in our home, ending with the kitchen. I stripped using stripper-X and restained using varathane in dark walnut. Counters were a HUGE to do as those who were around last spring may recall. I had my heart set on Fusion quartzite, but it was just not meant to be. After further "kitchen soul searching", my husband and I fell in love with emerald pearl and had that installed last July, on my birthday.
We spent MONTHS getting samples of tile from various places. Only thing we knew we wanted was stainless with some sort of accent. I finally found it-and it had a 7 week lead time on it! It arrived mid-november just in time for the holidays to kick in. A family friend was my tile installer, so I had to wait for him to be available for the backsplash work. Well, he was here Wednesday and yesterday. He has some small things to touch up and then clean, but otherwise, it is DONE! Here is the big reveal:

Close up of backsplash-stainless is from Glass tile store in 2x6 and 2x2. Glass tile is Aquarius by Interstyle in Terrazzo in 2x2:

The red valance will come down. We have a black hood to install and will get stainless switchplates. We'll also be painting soon. I realize the cathedral design on the doors isn't contemporary like the backsplash is, but we'll probably replace the doors sometime in the next few years with a more contemporary design, so for now, I'm living with the mismatch of styles.

Comments (26)