SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole93089

Humidifier - yes or no?

nicole93089
15 years ago

Hi all. Next week we are having a whole new heat and AC unit installed in our house. We're getting the Trane 80% 120,000 BTU 2 stage variable speed furnace (TUD120R9V5K) and the Trane 4 ton TXV coil (4TXCD050BC3HCA) and 15 SEER 4 ton AC.

We are trying to save money, like everyone, and are wondering if the humidifier is necessary. It's an additional $480. Our home is in Northern Virginia. Hot and humid in summer, not so humid in winter. The house is brick and siding, L shaped colonial with basement. Around 2800 square feet total. We have a really old humidifier in our current dinosaur of a furnace. Not sure if it does anything or not but we've never really had bad dryness issues that we've noticed.

So in a perfect world, if money were no object, we'd all have humidifiers, but in reality - is it absolutely necessary and worth the money? Also, is it something i can add on later without being penalized by high cost?

Thank you all so much. I've been reading this forum for weeks to try to figure this all out. I appreciate all input!

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH