SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lenzai

First meeting with KD firm tomorrow, advice?

lenzai
10 years ago

I posted here once before with my small kitchen layout asking for ideas and everyone was lovely and helpful coming up with solutions for the space.(can't find the post now grr)

Tomorrow I'm meeting with the kitchen design firm for the first time. I wanted to see if GW has any particular advice on anything I shouldn't miss in our conversation. This is a first consultation so we're not sure we will go with them or someone else but I want to get the most out of it going forward and not waste their time or mine. I've emailed with the person coming over and sent them pictures and general thoughts on what we want as well as our budget already.

Do you recommend stressing function over form? Of course I have a vision on how I want it to look but first and foremost I want everything build correctly and soundly and squeeze out the most workable space on our budget (not huge). We have an old house and who knows what's behind the walls and what the previous remodels have done hence the need for a firm that has this kind of experience. Any "don't forget to ask this" questions? Thank you.

Comments (3)