SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096364

See any issues with this plan? (With pics)

User
12 years ago

I am very sorry about the last thread with botched photos - wish I could delete it. I trialed this one in the test forum so it should be okay now.

We are starting a kitchen remodel. Am I doing this right in that first I decide where all the major appliances will be, then I can tweak the cabinets?

Not sure how many uppers I'll need. My handy husband and our contractor have assured me that we can move pretty much anything where I want it (only time will tell on that one!) :-) The main sink will stay in front of the window.

So this layout is based on where I think I want everything to be. Please let me know if you see any problems or have any suggestions or comments, I'm open to hearing them.

Although I'm not asking for finish help yet at this stage, the look I'm going for is sort of spare and rustic / farmhouse vibe. Cabinets and beams will be white oak. 8' ceilings, so we are not if the beams will work or not - we are not totally wed to them at this point.

Whole layout (door at top leads to foyer, opening at right leads to formal dining room, and room at the bottom is a sunroom which we hope to incorporate). Pics show a bigger range but I am thinking we'll do a 36" range.

Starting from the left and working around, Range wall (my main undisturbed cooking area)

Comments (10)