SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

What to do if you made a mistake when applying for a job?

kittiemom
15 years ago

I realized last night that I made a huge mistake when I applied for a job earlier in the week. It was sent via email. I attached the wrong resume. My stated objective on the resume I attached was to obtain employment with a healthcare company; this was a law firm. I also mentioned that I was attaching a cover letter & I failed to do that. I can't believe I made such a stupid, elementary mistake. I always double-check when sending any type email to make sure that the attachments are the ones I intend to send (well, apparently not always). I guess this is what I get for trying to deal with this late at night when I was tired.

I'm not sure how to deal with this. This job asked for a cover letter stating salary requirements, so I know that I won't be considered without that. I also realize that they asked for that in order to screen applicants - I followed directions by addressing the issue, but put a general statement about my salary being flexible based on the job requirements & total compensation package.

I feel so stupid!!! Should I send another email apologizing & attaching the correct documents or just leave it alone & chalk it up to experience. Thanks for any help.

Comments (16)