SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

This week's 'Forklift Finds.. aka What have I done!

CEFreeman
12 years ago

Ok.

You all might remember how hard and long I've been working on my kitchen. Some might remember how I moan over beaded inset cabinets.

Well......

I just bought 7 Quaker Made (?), beaded inset cabinets.

2 24x42" glass doored cabinets.

1 12 x 42 regular cabinet.

1 15 x 42" regular cabinet.

1 base, double trash pull out.

1 18" 3-drawer cabinet.

A HUGE corner base thing that I'll probably try to reconfigure with a lazy susan, And

A 24" 1 door, 1 drawer cabinet complete with 2 pull outs. (I hate door cabinets with pullouts.)

What was I thinking? I don't know the brand, but they're all plywood. As discussed in another thread, this doesn't necessarily make them better cabinets, but they'll be easier to reconfigure. They're a bit rickety right now.

I just spent $325.

And my truck needs new tires, new shocks, a thermostat and alignment. Just spent $918 on new brakes, rotors, drums, and serpentine belt. What could I possibly have been thinking.

Except... I want beaded inset and it's been my goal ever since I had my ephifany moment.

Anyone know anything about Quaker made?

Oh - I also got an unfinished wooden table. I think it's an old typing table, but whatever it is? It's MINE now!.

Granite and marble this week: nada. Just small pieces.

Now I gotta deconstruct a bunch of cabinets and try to either sell them (probably not) or donate them. Add this project to my list!

[insert happy moan here] Beaded inset.

Comments (15)