SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger

Return to 'normal' after a remodel

tigger
15 years ago

I'm just wondering how everyone managed to return the house to a "normal" condition after remodeling?? We're in the middle (well, more toward the end, but doesn't feel like it!) and as I look around the house every day, it seems as if things will never be normal again!

For example, all the dining room furniture is either in the sunroom or basement, the attic and basement are full of boxes or various household items, and even our living room is filling up with boxes of things ordered for the renovation such as sinks, faucets, etc. I feel as if the house is closing in on us - haha!

Anyway, we still have to survive 2 of the worst parts - drywall dust and having all the hardwood floors refinished. Since the renovation involves all three levels (attic, main and basement), there's not a speck of space in the house that isn't dusty, dirty and a huge mess! How did everyone deal with the aftermath of remodeling? Did you spend days cleaning, hire someone to clean, just toss everything and replace with new (haha!), etc????

Comments (11)