SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hillside_dweller

New A/C and Heating System - SCAL

Hillside_Dweller
10 years ago

Hello All-
I've been lurking over the last few weeks as we have begun the process to get estimates to replace our failing 36 year old A/C and Heating system. We live in Southern California (near Pasadena) in the hills. The house is 2155 square feet with mostly single pane windows (although dual pane in the kitchen/family room side of the house - western exposure). Our insulation is really just fair.

Currently we have an old 4 Ton (Rheem ?) unit and it is on it's last legs. I have had several estimates, but we are leaning towards Trane (over the Lennox).

Right now, we are considering the following:

Trane XB16 Compressor (single stage) and XV80 Variable Stage Furnace. Cost is around 10K - a bit more if we go with the SCE installation (however the service agreement isn't as rich as the smaller contractor). In addition, the SCE install will include a full load calculation, etc. prior to the installation to ensure that all is sized appropriately. As I go to the Trane site, it is a bit overwhelming in comparing the units. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus