SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mieleforme

Miele or GE extended service contracts For my W4842 & T9822?

mieleforme
14 years ago

In the past, every extended warrantee I have purchased for my appliances has paid for itself many times over. I use to think they were a waste of money but quickly learned even with upper end appliances that arenÂt supposed to break (yea right) they can pay for themselves very quickly. I know Miele is among, if not the most reliable brand in the laundry room. But IÂd like to know for certain that IÂm not going to have to worry about them for a few years and possibly be slammed with outrageous Rolls Royce like repair bills. IÂm hard on things and these Mieles will be put to the test. My question is who should I warrantee them with? There are many obvious reasons I would like Miele to take care of my Mieles ( future pc updates and such)and IÂve heard many good things about them. IÂm just not sure if it would be worth the extra cost. I was told that if they have to send a Miele "Authorized " repair man instead of a Miele repair man, I could incur mileage charges of up to 50 cents per mile after 50 miles. My unique problem is that I am 100 miles from the closest Miele repair facility. When I asked them what would determine who was dispatched they explained it was based on how busy they were. Apparently there are only 6 Miele techs in the Los Angeles area, in fact he named them all. So if there is over flow the Authorized repair facilities will handle service calls. They said generally itÂs not a problem and tried to assure me my chances of paying mileage fees were slim to none. I like the idea of having only Miele work on my Mieles but a lower cost and extra year of coverage is tempting me to go with GE.

Below is the price and terms for the service contract extending past the original one year manufacturerÂs warranty. Both are free parts and labor along with zero deductibles. IÂd like to hear what you all think or any experiences youÂve had with either companies. I appreciate the feedback.

Miele,

4 year contract (5 total)

washer and dryer

$500

GE

5 year contract (6 total)

Washer and dryer

$457

Comments (4)