SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Progressive/multifocal contact lenses

Sueb20
12 years ago

(Gee, I have a lot of questions this week.)

Until a week ago, I had contact lenses that were for both distance and reading. One lens corrected for distance and one corrected for reading, and it all worked out fine. I'm 47 so my reading vision is getting worse, seemingly, by the week! A little while ago I noticed I was having some trouble seeing the computer screen, so I went to the eye doctor last week and now I need lenses that correct for 3 issues: adding the "midrange" distance for the computer screen. So I have new contacts and new glasses. I wear contacts 90% of the time. It's been less than a week, so maybe I still need time to get used to the contacts, but what I'm finding is that the distance vision is OK, midrange is OK, but reading vision stinks. I have to hold my phone at arm's length to see it. I just picked up my glasses today, and they seem a lot better than the contacts, although I can tell they're going to take a little while to get used to in terms of figuring out where on the lens I need to focus for various activities.

Just wondering if you've had these type of contacts and if so, do they just take a while to get used to? I have another appt. next week for the dr. to see how it's going. When I picked up the glasses, I told the technician about the contacts and she said "sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get it right."

I'm finding the whole thing annoying! Any insights? (Ha, no pun intended.)

Comments (17)