SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

You Want Fries With That?

Sometimes you just want something quick and simple. No complicated recipes and ingredients.

BBQ spare ribs with F Fries.

dcarch

Comments (57)

• hawk307
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

" Posted by Lou ", " by Jove you've done it again "
    and you almost spelled out " Darch " with the Onions.
    Lou

• loagiehoagie
    13 years ago

Did you always play with your food? LOL. Were you the one in school who ate the paste and put the crayons up your nose? Just wondering.

Art is great....do you do other creative endeavors? Painting, sculpture, etc. Just wondering. You have an obvious creative streak...but just for food that gets eaten seems like an odd way to indulge your talents. Do you have other artistic avenues?

Duane

• Related Discussions

Things I learned growing up in Texas!

Q

Comments (24)
    One of you cottagers posted a list of Michigan strange items a while back, so I'll try not to repeat that, but here are a few terms you might hear around here. The state is divided into two peninsulas, the upper one is the U.P. and the good folks who live there are yoopers. The peninsulas are connected by the Mackinac Bridge which crosses the Straits of Mackinac and has one end in MackinawCity. Nearby is MackinawIsland. All are pronounced the same way, courtesy of the French. People who live in the L.P. are called trolls, because, of course, they live below the bridge. The Mackinac Bridge is almost always called just the bridge. If we are going to the U.P. we say we are going up across. A U.P. city straddling the border to Canada is Sault Ste. Marie, pronounced Soo Saint Marie (French again). If we are heading that way, we say we are going to the Soo, and while we're there we may take a look at the locks. Tourists on Mackinaw Island (and now everywhere in the state) are called fudgies, due to the boxes of fudge many of them carry around after they have been enticed inside one of the many fudge shops by the irresistible aroma of boiling chocolate. Lots of Michiganders enjoy a meal of pasties (that's pass - tees), courtesy of the Cornish miners that came to live in the U.P. They are like a folded-over pie-crust with meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and often rutabagas inside. (My mom always used to say rutabeggies.) They're very good, if a little on the dry side. A little gravy helps a lot. If you get too thirsty while eating one, you can always have a pop ( not a soda - you have to go to a soda fountain for those, which you can't hardly find anymore) Hope you learned something fun. ThinMan
    ...See More

twenty-nine lines to make you smile

Q

Comments (4)
    My favorite is so true: Out of my mind. Back in five minutes. I should just put a sign on myself.
    ...See More

Now *here's* how to make a BURGER!

Q

Comments (8)
    If you really want a good hamburger....a new franchise just opened near us. They serve only hamburgers(or a grilled cheese), and DH has declared them the best, juiciest he has ever eaten. The beef is organic, grass fed and ground on the premises for burgers. Place is spanking clean, and they bring ordered food to your table. But, it's the taste that sells them. Just had lunch there today, again. Elevation Burger...they are opening several throughout the US in the next year. Here is a link that might be useful: Elevation Burger
    ...See More

Quotes 8 - 22 - 16

Q

Comments (2)
    I take me some John Cleese any time, he's one of a few who keep satire alive
    ...See More
  • dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Posted by hawk307 ------" Posted by Lou ", " by Jove you've done it again " and you almost spelled out " Darch " with the Onions. Lou"

Thanks Lou. You have very observant eyes.

"Posted by dukerdawg ------ Did you always play with your food? LOL. Were you the one in school who ate the paste and put the crayons up your nose? Just wondering. Art is great....do you do other creative endeavors? Painting, sculpture, etc. Just wondering. You have an obvious creative streak...but just for food that gets eaten seems like an odd way to indulge your talents. Do you have other artistic avenues? Duane "

Duane, That's quite a complement. I dont consider myself creative or artistic; no more than normal folks. The only difference is that I am not afraid to try new ideas and I donÂt get discouraged when people criticize me. After a while it gets easier and easier.
    I am absolutely insistent that the appearance of food is just as important as taste. ThatÂs what makes up human. No other animal has the same response the same way. The kind of satisfaction of presenting food in the proper way is immense to me when I am able to add more pleasure to the eating experience to my friends. And I donÂt mean the kind of fashionable pretentious kind of plating in high-priced restaurants, or the elaborate carving of food decorating.
    I have done painting, sculpturing, etc. Nothing serious. I am more into scientific kind of stuff. Electronics, optics, mechanics, etc. I have designed a laser guided cane for the VeterantÂs Administration for the blind; I have designed an automatic hypodermic needle for the Juvenile Diabetic Association ------.

Have you seen my electric pollinator for tomatoes?

dcarch

• loagiehoagie
    13 years ago

Wow, Dcarch...I hope I didn't sound like I was offending you in anyway. I just thought that most creative people are a bit 'off' in school and some conventional settings.

I am really impressed particularly regarding your laser guided cane for the blind. My mom was blind for the last 15 years of her life and would never consider a guide dog, but something like your cane would have been a real godsend.

Anyway, I just meant that with your artistic bent that food alone would be a drop in the bucket to other avenues to express your talent. I hope I didn't offend. If I did I apologize.

Duane

• hawk307
    13 years ago

Dcarch:
    I think that's called " Presentation ".
    Something I'm lacking right now.
    I just put the food on the table and eat it.

Have to talk to you about the Laser Cane and Needle.
    Lou

• annie1992
    13 years ago

OK, I'm game. Show me, but it has to take a lot less time than that video of the pineapple cutting did, I have a short attention span and can't sit still for long!

Oh, and I've tried that "cut one side off, make slits up and down, then sideways to make cubes, then pop the peel inside out and scrape the fruit off."

Doesn't work worth a darn for me, I either cut all the way through the skin or I cut myself.

Annie

Original Author
    13 years ago

Annie,

It's how to skin and slice mangos this way without mess

Not this way

Original Author
    13 years ago

"Posted by dukerdawg -----------------Wow, Dcarch...I hope I didn't sound like I was offending you in anyway. ------------. If I did I apologize. Duane "

Hey Duane, I have known you long enough. I know you always have good intentions and you are not one of those who claim to be loving and act otherwise. You do embarrass me, however, with your generous compliments. LOL.

"Posted by hawk307 ---- Dcarch: I think that's called " Presentation ".Something I'm lacking right now. I just put the food on the table and eat it. Have to talk to you about the Laser Cane and Needle. Lou "

Lou, you are not bad in presentations. For instance, I like the dish you made to look like a fish. However, you are not too good with the camera, if you dont mind me saying so. You are such an amazing chef with your cooking skills.

The Laser cane: The laser cane was to address some problems blind people have with a regular cane. The laser cane can scan down for obstructions, scan midway to feel if someone is in front of them and scan a little higher up so they dont bump into things like electric boxes mounted on a pole.

The automatic hypodermic: just making it easier for kids to inject themselves.

dcarch

• annie1992
    13 years ago

Well, heck, I've even confused myself, I've posted about this here AND on the pineapple thread!

Now remember, it has to be simple and quick, if it's time consuming or "picky" I won't do it, I don't like fruit well enough to focus on it.

Annie

• foodonastump
    13 years ago

I am absolutely insistent that the appearance of food is just as important as taste. Thats what makes up human.

No, that's not what makes us human, it's what makes you dcarch. I appreciate nice presentation and I agree that it can enhance the dining experience. However, to me, prettiness in NO way makes up for food that's lacking in taste, texture, etc. and therefore cannot be considered just as important a component. For me - again, ME - presentation is a very small part of the equation.

Pretty much the only time I pay attention to the way I'm throwing food on the plate is when I plan to take a picture to post. I figure you can't taste it, so I may as well try to make it look like it tastes good. (But I'll only give it one or two quick tries - my food needs to be hot!)

I'm sure I'm not alone, otherwise we'd see cookbooks focusing a lot more of visual aspect of their recipes.

I know I've told you this before, but I very much look forward to your threads and open every one of them. I appreciate your displays for their creativity and artistry. But if I'm being honest, few make me hungry - your sushi pictures a notable exception. What gets me drooling like one of Pavlov's dogs are the typical pictures you'll find in the WFD threads. Just food put on a plate, picture taken, some great photography and some not so great, but all (most?) delicious looking meals.

Again, just me. I just don't think the average human values food presentation half as much as you do.

• lindac
    13 years ago

Well said Stumpy.....But there is a difference between just throwing food on a plate and arranging nicely....and for me part of the presentation is the plate and the rest of the table setting.
    I love my red Mason's transferware dishes, but there's not much but vanilla ice cream that looks good on them. So I use them when I am serving family style with all food on platters and in bowls. I hate to put a plate of spaghetti and meatballs on a mulberry red plate in front of people....no matter how carefully I have coiled the pasta.
    And I am very aware of what surrounds the plate or bowl....presentation is not just about artful swirls and shreds, but also about the dishware and table ware.
    And, Stumpy....cook books DO focus on how the food looks in their pictures....check the mast head of a Food Mag and notice the food stylist. The trick is not to have it look contrived, but like you just plated it casually.....when in reality there are several highly paid stylists hovering and poking and pushing bits of food on the plate.
    There's a trick to featuring the food, so it looks most appetizing and not featuring the arrangement. That is art in itself.
    Linda C

• foodonastump
    13 years ago

Linda - Agreed, agreed. I didn't mean for my words to imply that I just fling food from pan to plate!

As for cookbooks and magazines focusing on presentation, of course their pictures are staged to look as good as possible, after all they're trying to "sell" the food. I meant more, there's very little discussion about the presentation. Typically there aren't pictures of every recipe, yet when do you see much more than "garnish with parsley" or something like that?

• dlynn2
    13 years ago

I think Linda nailed it --- "The trick is not to have it look contrived, but like you just plated it casually". That to me is what makes a good presentation. I sometimes like a little garnish, but I don't like it over done.

• annie1992
    13 years ago

FOAS, I'm in agreement. No matter how pretty, it doesn't make up for the fact that it doesn't taste good. I hated the practice of "stacking" food that went on for a while, with the meat on top of the potatoes on top of the vegetable, etc. It looked interesting, I suppose, but not appetizing at all.

I see pictures of food that I think are pretty, but I don't think they look delicious, just pretty.

I don't really care about the color of plates, though, unless it's terribly egregious. LindaC's spaghetti with tomato sauce on a red plate is a very definite example, I wouldn't like that, but I don't care if the plate is blue or green or yellow as long as the food is good and I'm enjoying the company. And, if the company is wonderful, I'll eat peanut butter and jelly served on Wonder Bread on a paper towel and still be ecstatically happy.

Annie

• dlynn2
    13 years ago

Maybe that's my problem, Annie. I sometimes serve my kids their breakfast on a paper towel (doughnuts, toast w/peanutbutter, etc), but the company is TERRIBLE. One of my kids is not a morning person and doesn't even like to eat early in the morning --- he's a total grump. Do you think he'd be ecstatically happy if the food were presented a little better on a colorful plate?

• annie1992
    13 years ago

dlynn, good luck. I'm not a morning person at all, so I probably wouldn't notice whether it was a paper towel or fine china. Heck, I might not even notice it's food, first thing in the morning.

I'm not grumpy, usually, I'm just sort of semi-conscious.

Annie

Original Author
    13 years ago

"Posted by foodonastump ---------- However, to me, prettiness in NO way makes up for food that's lacking in taste, texture, etc. and therefore cannot be considered just as important a component. For me - again, ME - presentation is a very small part of the equation. ----" "--- Again, just me. I just don't think the average human values food presentation half as much as you do.---"

As I remember, FOAS, you are from the NY area. Yesterday I was with a client for lunch in a sushi restaurant called Koi on W. 40th St. $150.00 for the two of us and we didnt even have drinks. We were seated near the front. I must have gone to the mens room 4 times. It wasnt that I had a bladder issue. I just wanted to check out all the dishes on the tables as I walked towards the mens room. Stunning was all I could say regarding plating of all the dishes.
    Lets face it, there is not much in recipes to work with when it comes to sushi. I would say it 90% presentation and 10% taste.
    Dont get me wrong, food must taste good first; good presentation is not to hide bad taste, but to make it even better and enjoyable. How important is presentation? I am not that much of an expert. You will have to ask all the chefs and cooking schools if presentation is important.

"--Pretty much the only time I pay attention to the way I'm throwing food on the plate is when I plan to take a picture to post. ---"

And I have seen some very good examples from you.

"--- I appreciate your displays for their creativity and artistry. But if I'm being honest, few make me hungry ------"

You are not the only one. Frankly, today its not easy to please everyones preference because I dont normally cook with cream, butter, egg yoke, fat, lots of salt, MSG and sugar, I also try not to cook meat too raw. Eating for good health is another thing I pay some attention to.

"Posted by lindac.....But there is a difference between just throwing food on a plate and arranging nicely....and for me part of the presentation is the plate and the rest of the table setting. -----....presentation is not just about artful swirls and shreds, but also about the dishware and table ware. ------ And, Stumpy....cook books DO focus on how the food looks in their pictures.... The trick is not to have it look contrived, but like you just plated it casually.....when in reality there are several highly paid stylists hovering and poking and pushing bits of food on the plate. There's a trick to featuring the food, so it looks most appetizing and not featuring the arrangement. That is art in itself. Linda C"

I am 100% in agreement with you on all points.

"Posted by annie1992 ---------FOAS, I'm in agreement. No matter how pretty, it doesn't make up for the fact that it doesn't taste good. I hated the practice of "stacking" food that went on for a while, with the meat on top of the potatoes on top of the vegetable, etc. It looked interesting, I suppose, but not appetizing at all. ----------Annie"

I agree totally.

dcarch

• foodonastump
    13 years ago

I agree with you on sushi - that's one meal I wouldn't want to have presented sloppily. And I HATE when the presentation leans towards kitschy like you'll find at some places stuck in the I-don't-know-what decade. Fortunately I haven't come across too many of those around here!

I've never been to (or heard of) Koi but I happened to be on the phone with my sister when I read your post. She lives/works in Manhattan, asked her about it and she said she's been there several times and enthusiastically agreed that it's very good. Must be good to be your client. I'd have wanted some cold sake with that though ;-)

• hawk307
    13 years ago

Dcarch: FOAS:

I think Presentation plus good tasting food gives you a winner.

My food always passes the taste test.

My photo's aren't that great but I don't care much anymore.

When I get my PC sraighted out I'll probably put in better Photo's.

Until then I'll just keep eating tasty food.
    Lou

• Rusty
    13 years ago

Okay, is it just me?
    Or my computer?
    The picture of the ribs appears to have a film of fuschia over it.
    All except for less than an inch at the top, that is true color.
    Is the picture normal for everyone else?

But even it fuschia, it looks good!
    I love ribs!

Rusty

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

All I can say is this: You must eat and enjoy your food cold. It surely would not still be hot after all the hassle of the presentation.

Original Author
    13 years ago

"Posted by sheshebop --All I can say is this: You must eat and enjoy your food cold. It surely would not still be hot after all the hassle of the presentation."

Besides having more than a fulltime job, I am an extremely impatient person. I dont spend a lot of time doing anything unless I get some payback thats worth my while.

I find that the biggest misconceptions in cooking are:

a. I feel food presented reasonably well is unnecessary.
    b. I dont think I can do it, it takes formal school training.
    c. I think the food will get cold if I fuzz around with it.

Just think, all the millions of restaurants in the world are making their food look good during the busiest lunch and dinner hours, and if cold food is a problem, no one would be doing it.

I dont spend that much time making a meal. Once you get into a habit of plating a dish with an objective in mind, it becomes automatic. Its a matter of attitude.

I will agree with you if you are of those who enjoy carving a carrot to look like a butterfly, and garnish a dish in the most unnatural design. I dont do those. Once in a while you will see things I have done appeared to be time consuming, thats because I have special gadgets to accomplish that in seconds.

I have not done much in cake making. I think decorating a cake is a very time consuming task. Someday I will give it a try.

dcarch

• lindac
    13 years ago

I'm not much for stringy stuff on top of my food.

• hawk307
    13 years ago

Dcarch:
    You don't have to explain. Just keep doing your thing.

There are many who enjoy your presentations and
    there are others who may not understand.

Also there are some who look for the slighest opening in the door; so to speak,
    to stick their foot in.

Only to find they stuck it in their mouth.
    LOU

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

dcarch, I meant no disrespect. I only made the comment because it seems that everything you do is fancy-looking (although sometimes strange combinations) and shared with us, so I figured it was a rather time consuming job.
    (Lou, you on the other hand are a master of the foot-in-the-mouth syndrome, LOL)
    Seriously, I think, dcarch, that some of your presentations are unique and attractive, and some look unique but the food sometimes looks overcooked. Overall, I usually do open the thread to see what new thing you have come up with though.

• hawk307
    13 years ago

Sheshebop:
    I don't know if I'm a Master at that.
    It looks that way because I get it from one side, after all the emails and phone calls.

Don't have too much help otherwise.

Only thing I ever did was try to help the underdog.
    So to speak.
    And put in helpful advice.

But you can keep the dumb comments coming.I don't mind.
    Lou

Original Author
    13 years ago

"Posted by sheshebop ----------------------- dcarch, I meant no disrespect. I only made the comment because it seems that everything you do is fancy-looking (although sometimes strange combinations) and shared with us, so I figured it was a rather time consuming job. --------------Seriously, I think, dcarch, that some of your presentations are unique and attractive, and some look unique but the food sometimes looks overcooked. Overall, I usually do open the thread to see what new thing you have come up with though. "

sheshebop,
    I am extremely thankful that you made those comments. You have given me the opportunity to explain to others what I have set out to do.
    Over the years, I have developed short cuts, methods, tools, gadgets to do what I do. I have found that paying attention to present food properly need not be time consuming. These are ideas which I would like to share with those who feel the same way that I do that attractive food adds enjoyment to eating.
    To my shock, the practice of attractive presentation of food actually offends a few individuals here so severely that actions were taken to have a few of my posts censored. Its such a sad thing to be happening in this country.
    I appreciate your sensitivity and concern that you could have hurt my feelings. Thats very kind. Thank you.
    Oh, BTW, with the exception of making sushi once in a while, for my own eating, I do tend to prefer well-done food for health reasons. I dont preach it, and I am not obsessive about it. I will eat a rare steak once in a while and enjoy it, but on my own, most likely I will have it no less than medium.
    Also, regarding strange combinations. I do understand what you are talking about. I have done some traveling and have acquired some eating habits which may be novel to some people. I am not trying to go for any shock value. I also believe in a diverse diet can lead to good health. I am asking for your forgiveness in advance for some other strange dishes I may be presenting in the future. :-)

dcarch

• User
    13 years ago

I'm sorry Dcarch, but I honestly do not believe that anyone is offended by food that is actually attractively presented. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Ann

Original Author
    13 years ago

"Posted by ann_t --------- I'm sorry Dcarch, but I honestly do not believe that anyone is offended by food that is actually attractively presented. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.
    Ann "
    I accept the fact that it's your honest believe. We all have different reactions to events. In order that this thread will not also be pulled, lets agree to disagree and see what the future brings with my future silly posts.
    Let me also say that I never had the opportunity to compliment on your amazing work and contributions and how much I admire your accoplishments. Thank you.

dcarch

• jojoco
    13 years ago

dcarch,
    The world is a wonderfully diverse place and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If someone doesn't like one of your presentations, dcarch, you should be able to acknowledge that perhaps it isn't attractively presented, in their opinion. What a boring world it would be if everyone swooned over the same thing.

jo

• jimster
    13 years ago

Whatever the reason, The Three Shady Amigos thread has disappeared. I suppose someone was offended by the content and complained to the site administrator but, when a thread is pulled, no reason is given.

Jim

Original Author
    13 years ago

jojoco,

My thread that has disappeared. I was going to tear you apart for being a liar, then I realized you had said "hunch" and not "lunch" with Albrecht Durer. LOL
    I am in total agreement with you about simplicity with food. I dont mind people who perform food topiary on their food, but not on mine. I dont even see why all famous chefs insist on using their hand to toss salads. I did use my hands to make the spinach balls, other than that very little finger (digital ) touching (re-touching) with all my dishes.
    I am a firm believer in diverse opinions. I dont believe I have ever reacted impolitely to any constructive negative views of my posts.
    As I remember, you have been a very reasonable person; perhaps I do owe you an explanation of the chromatics bewilderments that strangely was an issue with the pictures.
    In general, I hardly have time to focus (pun?) on photography when it comes to food. I mostly take pictures on-the-fly while cooking so I can have more time to satiate my hunger and enjoy friends company. Here is all I do: I use a 300 watt halogen light (3,200 K, very red) on one side, and a 50 watt CFL (6,500 K, very blue) on the other side. Sometimes I have a flash slave to fill in. I set the camera to automatic and I shoot. Whatever the camera decides to do is what I get. What happens is that when the zoom setting or the angle of the shot is different, the color will come out very different because the camera software does some kind of averaging to set the color tone. Ill say the whole photo session may take me about one minute. If I have done any photo enhancing, I would have made the colors the same, not that there is anything wrong with enhancing color of a photo.

Regarding the too-red shrimps. Tomato sauce on already red cooked crustaceans and home-made finely ground red tomato powder.

Regarding why the lettuce being so green, only the firmware engineers at Nikon can explain that.

It is mind bubbling that this even came up.

dcarch

Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh boy! I am in trouble!

Someone will giggle divisively at my poor English again. "mind bubbling" LOL
    I had no idea that Spell-Check changed "boggling" to "bubbling" !!

Sorry

dcarch

Original Author
    13 years ago

To Jim,

"Have dcarch come up with dishes for a funeral -----"

I think you are dead (hehee ---) serious.
    "In the name of Julia Child, Keith Floyd, Leonard E. McNab, Marc Veyrat, --- ARISE FROM THE DEAD! I command thee, dcarch, to create cuisines that are heavenly fitting to transport thine souls from here to the after------"
    Regarding music: Thelonius Monk is my inspiration on many other things in life, not just in cooking. He had a strange sensitivity to rhythm and even stranger and weird sense of humor.

To mitchdesj,
    "----I like your title , lol.... "

Thanks. May be I will, in his honor, concoct a dish called pan-fried Thelonius Monkfish, to go with poached Tina tuna with steamed Okra Wintry and a Christina Arugula salad; of course a tall glass of Brittney Spearmint cocktail.

dcarch

• BeverlyAL
    13 years ago

Dcarch, I admire your humbleness even more than your food.

Beverly

Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Beverly.

Life is too complicated otherwise.

dcarch

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

It's rare for a post to be pulled on this forum , the argument/ critique of the pictures was uncalled for , imo. and off topic to boot. Some people like to stir the pot and start something.

Original Author
    13 years ago

mitchdesj,

Just want to clear up something to all:

"dcarch, your dishes look good, but they don't look tasty."
    "dcarch, your dishes look way too over-cooked"
    "dcarch, your esthetics does not appeal to me."
    "dcarch, it is not important to have food looking good."
    "dcarch, I don't like your touching food too much with your fingers."

Comments similar to the above are all welcome, and appreciated.
    Any other derisive and accusatory remarks will tell more about your personality and the friends you keep than the quality of my cooking skills and my motives and that's not what this forum is all about.

dcarch

• foodonastump
    13 years ago

dcarch- About those skewers, if I may. Were they sold for the purpose, or are they corn holders, or are they something you fashioned yourself, or...?

Original Author
    13 years ago

foas,

Short answer first. No, you cannot buy those; they are limited production items under testing and design development.

I have this unfortunate malady, "If its not broken, fix it anyway."
    Over the years, I have come up with many strange "Rube Goldberg" things.
    Many years ago, in a fancy restaurant in Chicago which served ribs. It seemed to me very awkward for diners to enjoy ribs in their fine threads. I set out to think of a way to deal with that.

This item, regrettably at the moment, no further details can be disclosed because I have signed non-disclosure agreement with a party.

Many other ideas which I have come up with I will be happy to share with everyone here in the near future.

May I also make the following comments?

Your fiddlehead dish over in WFD thread is amazing. It is a conceptual improvement over my attempt in featuring the fiddlehead delicacy.

I am talking about your use of plain rice. Fiddlehead has a very mild and remarkable pleasant earthy taste and contrasting that with a familiar shrimp flavor over a plain canvas of rice is brilliant.
    You inspired me to ponder further in ways to explore this wonderful gift of Mother Nature.

dcarch

• maggie2094
    13 years ago

Interesting dish and I agree with, Mitch. This forum seems to have a developed a distinct "mean girls" quality which I think is emboldened by a pack mentality nurtured by their escape pod ;)

I guess they don't see how rude their comments really are - is all an amusement.

Carry, on Dcarch!!! Much more interesting and creative than seeing yet another roast chicken or baguette.

• foodonastump
    13 years ago

LOL, dcarch, I'm glad you appreciated my genious! Since you like white so much, have a nice day!

{{gwi:1522124}}

• lorijean44
    13 years ago

"Posted by maggie2094 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 27, 10 at 8:46

...Much more interesting and creative than seeing yet another roast chicken or baguette."

Is that the 'mean girls' mentality you're referring to??

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Dcarch's presentations are not always my cup of tea, but if he finds pleasure in it, arrange away!!

Lori

• maggie2094
    13 years ago

LOL - so predictable here...

Do you take that personally? I love roast chicken and baguette :)

Original Author
    13 years ago

foas! HaHAAAA -----------

I am speechless. You stumped me! :-)

dcarch

• jimster
    13 years ago

You out-did yourself with that one, FOAS! LOL!!!!

I can't wait to see your next creation.

Jim

• User
    13 years ago

Cute FOAS ...and way better than your martini! LOL

Original Author
    13 years ago

"Laughter is the best medicine"
    Especially for those who always forget their daily doses.

foas, I am serious and not just being polite. The "Have A Good Day" is graphically well done. It doesn't matter if it was accidental or not.

dcarch

• hawk307
    13 years ago

Maggie:
    That's not fair. I was thinking of making a Roast Chicken.
    Now I'll have to make it look like he's doing the Watusi or Acrobatics. LOL!!!

Dcarch:
    I usually tell people who are negative and don't smile much,
    to try some fibre in their diet.

If you don't smile enough your face will crack,
    when you do smile.

LOL!!!LOU!!!lol!!!lol!!! Whooieeee!

Lou

• centralcacyclist
    13 years ago

I must have stepped into a time warp. I swear I'm back in middle school!