SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Kenmore Oasis Elite Top Loader Owners - Q's

eldemila
14 years ago

We just purchased a home where the owners left the washer/dryer, with the washer being the Kenmore Oasis Elite which is a top loader. It's about 3 1/2 yrs old.

My question is, I would like to know if there is a way you can stop the machine and do a mega soak overnight. I soak DH's white work shirts usually overnight in Oxyclean and detergent. I just load my old washer with hot water with machine set on a small load til it aggitates and mixes/disolves the oxy, no clothes in it yet, then switch it to a large load cycle on cold water, which continues to fill with water, aggitate and then I add the shirts, aggitate for a few minutes and then I just stop my machine and let it soak, start it up in the morning.

With this new machine, it seems after a certain point, you can't open it anymore? Is there any way around the lock, or possibly another solution I may not know about being new to this machine?

Also, it says NOT to add products like Oxy directly to the washer, but through the dispensing cup. Does putting both the Oxy powder and a liquid detergent in the same cup for the same load, will it dispense properly being two different products?

I'm not use to all these bells and whistles on this machine. I'm definitely more comfortable with an old school washer.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm