SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ukfaninlouisville

Trane vs HW VP IAQ Stat

10 years ago

Working with dealer on new Trane system (AHRI# 5804298) and based on reading posts, from Tigerdunes specifically, I've been pushing for the HW VP IAQ stat instead of Trane. Here is the quote from dealer,

"I also checked with my Trane rep as to what benefits the Trane stat would be missing out on in comparison to the Honeywell stat. And he said with this system the only thing that the Honeywell stat does that the Trane stat does not do is actually kick on the system in low stage cooling if there is a demand for humidity removal only. He said the Trane system itself with the Trane stat wouldn�t have that issue because it runs so long in the low stage anyways. Obviously this is coming from our Trane rep, but he said there really is no benefit going with the Honeywell stat with the 2-stage, variable speed system. He did say it might be different if it was a single stage air conditioner or a single speed furnace. He implied that with the Variable Speed, 2-stage system it will take care of all the humidity removal necessary during its normal cycle."

Is this correct?

Quick background: 1,600 sq foot ranch home on slab in Louisville, KY built early 2001. Furnace/Ductwork in unconditioned attic with very limited space. Max width is 22" which is the reason for *UD2B080A9V3 at 17.5".

Happy to provide additional info, if needed.

Thanks,
BC

Comments (25)