SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raleigh519

Whirlpool Duet Sport HT VS. Kenmore HE2T

raleigh519
17 years ago

Last fall I purchased a Whirlpool Duet Sport HT and since have sold for a minor loss. I happened to notice issues reguarding the heater not functioning on the cycles I thought it did. Upon research on the web I now realize why. After some phone calls to Whirlpool they refused to exchange my appliance so I sold it. It really is not fair because I read the manual they have posted at whirlpool.com and it states it heats on 3 different cycles,this was before purchase. I am one of those with a manual dated 2/06 and a washer which heated only on sanitary. Nobody would believe the explanations you get about this issue other than it heats on all the cycles the new manual says and there is no difference in the machine. The fact is it was omitted from the manual and the machine itself. Also take note on the "clean cycle" because your washer is going to leak water at the door. $1000 dollar purchase could have been better spent on anything as far as im concerned.

Now I have the Kenmore HE2T by Sears and could not be happier with it. I tested the clean cycle and it heats on multiple cycles. The stain treat function is nice for sure. No leaks! If you are looking at the Whirlpool Duet Sport HT take no chances and get the Kenmore HE2T. Its just strange how different the two washers are but the Kenmore is solid!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations