SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexandrar_gw

Stackable Washer/Dryer for top floor condo - Miele?

alexandrar
17 years ago

Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for some time and have loads of helpful information regarding stackable washer and dryers.

However - I would like to see if I can get some feedback from second floor or top floor Condo owners to see what washer/dryers they use?

Do their neighbors complain about the noise?

Are there any good washers that don't go crazy with vibration / thumping during the final spin cycle?

My husband and I recently bought our first home (a condo in California) and it has room for a stackable washer and dryer. Our condo is on the second floor, with one neighbor underneath and I am concerned about causing excess noise. We first bought a Kenmore FL, but that was a nightmare. We leveled, re-leveled again and again but it didn't help. It banged around and thumped against the walls so intensely I called to have it returned within 4 days.

All I really want is a stackable washer that doesn't move violently during the spin cycle. Because we are on the second floor, the washer/dryer has to be installed on linoleum. I am not allowed to install a plywood base (cant drill into the floors, condo rules). Is there anyone out there who has success with a stackable washer/dryer on linoleum?

I am considering the Miele w1113 washing machine with a matching Miele dryer because I am told they are 'the best'. But, I don't want to spend this kind of money if I don't have to.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Alexandra

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm