SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j2bohan

Dryer Vent Collecting Water

j2bohan
11 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for options for solving a strange issue. In my home, the laundry room is in the middle of the house, against the wall of the garage, the living room, and the kitchen. The dryer actually vents underneath the house; the pipe goes under the slab, then under the kitchen. The pipe exits next to my A/C unit.

When it rains, water collects in the pipe under the house. When this happens, the water prohibits the exhaust from leaving the dryer appropriately, meaning it takes hours to dry a load of clothes. When I can hear the water sloshing in the pipe (when the dryer is on), I take a ShopVac out and suck all of the water out of the pipe.

I'd prefer to move the vent, but don't have a good idea for where to move it. If I go through the wall into the garage, I would have to run the new pipe up the wall and out the side of the house, unless someone has a better option. Also, if anyone has any ideas for how to fix the pipe (without digging under the slab, which would be quite costly), I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio