SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canuckgal_gw

Our DIY Kitchen in Progress.....Need Encouragement!!!

canuckgal
16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I have to say that I have been so inspired by all the gorgeous kitchens and wonderful, helpful people here. We decided to DIY our own kitchen remodel and I am beginning to regret it! I am so stressed out it isn't even remotely funny. We had to pay to have a load bearing wall removed and major plumbing/venting/electrical moved. We decided that we could do the rest of it ourselves...the rest being insulating, framing, drywalling, recessing fridge, ripping out old cabinets and installing all the new ones, repairing some plumbing and repairing the laminate floor where the old wall was. We are a young family with 4 kids ages 11, 8, 3 & 1 and I am 6 months pregnant. The 8 year old plays rep hockey and we are in the middle of playoffs. Sound fun yet? DH is also a painter and works 9 hour days and then comes home to work for at least another 6 hours on the "pit of hell" as I like to call it right now. I have posted tons of pics below and need encouragement that it will all end and that it will be worth it. I know it *will* be worth it but right now i'm kind of missing the old kitchen with 1 set of drawers 2 blind corner cabinets and only 1 really usable upper. LOL!!!!

Kitchen Before:

{{gwi:1586887}}

{{gwi:1586888}}

Comments (10)