SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_s_gw

Help with black clothes and lint

sharon_s
13 years ago

It's been a long time since I posted, but I figured you guys could help me get to the bottom of this. I have a 9-year-old He3T washer with matching dryer and have been having a tough time lately with black clothes coming out looking worse than they went in. They come out covered in dog hair and lint, even if they didn't have any on them when they went in.

So, I'm thinking that I need to clean something out, but I'm not sure what. I never mix towels and clothes, don't over dry, I use vinegar instead of fabric softener, clean the lint trap regularly, the dryer dries properly and has a very short vent run, so I don't think it's clogged...

I figured I should try cleaning the pump, but the toe kick is very close to the floor and I can't seem to get the torx wrench in there. Gonna try again this morning. I do have a long-haired dog, so I wouldn't be surprised to find the inside of the washer filled with his fur!

The last straw was last night. My teen-aged son got his first job at a local restaurant and they gave him a black T-shirt to wear. It was a brand new shirt and I washed it to remove any sizing...before he wore it for the first time. It came out of the dryer covered with fuzz and he was reprimanded at work for it and given a different shirt to wear. I felt terrible. :-(

Comments (11)