SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

New dishwasher installed....now floor has water damage

lavender_lass
10 years ago

My mom got us a new dishwasher for my birthday/Christmas present and we had it installed a few weeks ago. She got the dishwasher at Lowe's and they had their installer bring it out and install it.

Yesterday I noticed the floor in front of the dishwasher felt a little 'spongy'. My brother was coming out to watch the football games, so I asked him to check it for me. (As many of you know my husband is recovering from a long hospital stay and can't do these things himself.)

My brother looks under the sink and says....your water hose/pipe (not sure what he called it...I'm not a plumber) looks like it's become brittle on the end. I'll need to fix this tomorrow....didn't the installer notice this? It looks like you've got a leak and it's going into the subfloor. My guess is that when he did the install, he put stress on this and now it's leaking into the subfloor.

So, now I have a subfloor that needs to be fixed and I don't know if Lowe's will do anything about it. Should I call? Has anyone had experience with this? I need to get this fixed today...should I take pictures or is the floor damage enough?

Comments (59)