SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fixitnow_mama

Great Shocks & Well Built?

fixitnow_mama
15 years ago

Hi all! I'm hoping someone might be able to help push me in one direction or another. First a little back info. I am the family appliance fixer. It didn't start out that way. I just happened to grow into the role. And now my extended family looks to me for advice and fixing up.

Ok, long story, around 2002 I advised my mom and together we each bought a Kenmore He3T. Both machines have been repaired numerous times, much to our disgust. Hers is now on the brink of a total fail because she doesn't really want to start replacing boards, again(!). She is looking for another machine and I get the ailing one, in hopes to restore it.

I recommended the Staber. But after debating she/they quickly shot it down. Reason you can't see it in person unless you drive to the factory. And seeing in person is an important factor to her.

Second machine that we looked at was Samsung with VRT, Silver Care, and Diamond Drum. She is on the verge of buying this machine even though I've told her that I'm cautious of it. Mainly because I can't seem to find a service manual and parts for it. But she likes the technology that she has read on it.

Third machine was the Asko, 6511 I believe. She really liked this machine. But shot it down when she read that they don't replace the machine if it's damaged in shipping. She says this is bad company policy and she won't honor that.

Fourth & Fifth were the Miele (any) and the LG. Both she deemed seemed to expensive and claims to have to many negative reviews.

Bosch was toyed with but I steered her away from them because I don't like the way they're built.

Going back the Whirlpool model is an option but not truly preferred. Atleast it's something I'm aware of on how to fix.

She also shot down Frigid, Maytag, GE, & Hotpoint, feel they are made the worst.

I think that sums up the research so far. :D So you might be scratching your head.What is it exactly that she wants?

She wants something that doesn't have cheaply made shocks and a weak support system. She would like to have direct drive and stainless inner/outer (and the spyder arm as well). She wants it to not eat her clothes. It must be a front loader. Hers is currently located on a fairly stable wood floor. She doesn't want it taking off across the room. She doesn't care to much for the steam care option and the sanitize could go as well, as they are just gimmicks. She wants to be able to stuff it full of dirty work jeans and have them come out looking spiffy! And she deosn't want to spend an arm, leg, and half a foot along with an eyeball to buy one. Although I told her she might have to. She wants it to last longer than 10yrs. Ours broke during the first 6 months and it's been a sad story ever since. So I've got an open mind and I'm sure I can get her to look at things again if necessary. And I'm the lucky one who gets to repair it and woukd prefer not to have to make such repair for a long time. Is there a well built machine on the market that fits the bill and isn't dumbed down? Is there of above that I should look at again and why? Please and thank you! Really impressed with your machine, I'd like to hear!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm