SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cottonpenny_gw

Too much grey?

cottonpenny
12 years ago

I am designing (in my head) the kitchen for our new build. I want it to be casually modern, transitional, classically inspired, and easy maintenance.

So far I want:

white shaker cabinets

caesarstone "pebble" countertops - medium grey

bluestar rangetop

kohler cast iron farm sink in white

kohler "purist" bridge faucet

double ovens - prob elux non-icon

stainless refrigerator tbd

wood floor tbd

i'm thinking about a modernaire hood - PS-26 in brushed stainless with polished stainless bands - but it will depend on if we have the budget or not. Otherwise probably a plain stainless hood.

For backsplash was thinking of getting the Bluestar high shelf with the stainless backguard to go behind the rangetop...my mom has this setup on her Viking and likes it a lot to have the shelf as extra landing space for hot pans, lids, etc. Plus the stainless would be easy to keep clean, I think.

The rest of the backsplash I was thinking plain white subway tiles...because I am not creative enough to think of anything else and they are easy on the budget. I'm open to other ideas, but I haven't allotted much room in the budget for this since it's somewhat more easily done later.

What do you think? None of this is ordered or set in stone so I would like honest opinions. I am worried with large areas of grey, stainless, and white it will look drab and boring?

Comments (22)