SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark_roberts49

Too much honey oak in my kitchen!

Marko Polo
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Okay, my apologies if this is a repeat posting. I started typing and then logged on when I hit post. My posting appears to have disappeared in the meantime, but it may be just lagging a bit. Anyway, I am hoping for suggestions on what to do with my honey oak crazy kitchen. The previous owners apparently really liked that color of wood. The cabinets (upper and lower) are honey oak, the trim is honey oak, and the cheap laminate flooring is honey oak in color. As the flooring is the cheapest (I can do it myself) and easiest thing to change, I'm looking at that as a solution for my honey oak overload. The problem is, I'm having a hard time envisioning color palates across the entire floor. I've brought home samples and just can't seem to project that to the wider space. So I'm hoping others may have some experience in correcting this same sort of problem. I'd love to put in hardwood, but it's a kitchen with two outside entry doors and hardwood probably isn't the ideal. I know there are some nice looking faux wood tiles out there, but I'm stumped for what shades/colors would go well with what is there. I'm also looking at traditional, non -faux finish tiles as well. The counter tops are a mottled gray-very light green pattern. Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm trying to stay away from too much gray in the flooring. Don't want the same problem as I have now, only with the flooring and countertops!

Comments (4)