SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon01_gw

Proud mom moment!

Shannon01
13 years ago

Sorry pesky1, had to add mine. Don't have pics but another great story about a boy.

My son is a scout. He and dh built boats for the Raingutter Regats. That is the yearly event where you build a boat and race it down a raingutter filled with water. The boat moves by the scout blowing through a straw.

This was my ds' third year. Last two he choked, got too nervous and could barely blow through the straw.

Well, next thing we know he is advancing this year, winning each heat. He gets to the top three. Then it is him and another boy going for first place. Other boy's mom and I are good friends. So we both had our cameras out along with troop photographer. They race. My son barely loses. But it was double elimination and my son had not lost yet and the winner had. So they both had a win and a loss. So they switch sides and race again. It was a dead even race. All three of us took the same shot of both boats crossing the line at the same time. It was amazing. (althought the line referee pointed to my son) So they raced AGAIN. This time my son touched about a foot sooner, taking first place.

It was so exciting to finally win after doing so poorly the first two years. His trophy sits on the mantel for everyone to see. He can't wait for next year!

Comments (3)