SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen2011_gw

Show me your island toe kick baseboard meetup

kitchen2011
12 years ago

Hi all -

I am in the final stages of my kitchen model (wahoo!). I have a little tricky thing I haven't figured out how to deal with and would very much appreciate any pictures anyone cares to share.

My island has a toe kick only on the working side. There is seating on two sides, so no toe kick there, and the fourth (short) side has a 42" cabinet with no toekick.

My plan is to do a baseboard and shoe molding (like quarter round) on the three non-toe kick sides, but I'm not sure how to handle the one corner where the toe kick meets the base board.

Seem to me that should be pretty common set up, and wondering if anyone can send me pictures of what they did at that spot.

Here's my kitchen. The trouble spot is by the leg at right, I want baseboard on the side facing the camera, and need to handle the transition to the toe kick. You can see the far side doesn't have the same issue because of the way the cabinet facing the dining room is flush to the cabinet.

Here's a picture from www.atthepicketfence.com that shows how they handled a similar situation. It's hard to see but looks like maybe they put a little leg in front of the flat baseboard? I wish I had a picture from the front,and I wonder how they clean in that tight space between the leg and the baseboard and the toe kick.

So please send pictures, any help would be much appreciated!

Comments (5)