SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Tell me about your D shape sink, please.

flseadog
13 years ago

DD is getting over her infatuation with the Kohler Prologue sink---to much for her budget and it's too big for her kitchen. Now she thinks she wants a D shape sink that will fit in a 26" cabinet. With a sink this size and shape she can center it on one half of her 52" wide window and place the faucet in the left hand corner which will be the center of the window.

Two questions:

1. The specs of most sinks don't show how wide the sink is at the point at which the curve starts at each side. For example, the Kohler 24" sink is 22" wide inside but how far back does the 22" width extend? Obviously not for the entire depth of the sink but it would be good to know if it is for 14", 15", or whatever.

2. If you are right handed would having a pullout faucet mounted in the left corner seem awkward? I've been trying to test this idea by standing to the right of my farmhouse sink and only using my left hand to turn the faucet on and off. It seems fine to me but that's not how I usually work and I wonder if it would bother me if I had to use a left hand faucet all the time.

All thoughts are appreciated.

Comments (13)