SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianalo_loco

looking for pix of white ceilings with sheen

dianalo
13 years ago

Hey all,

I posted in home decorating about this, but wanted to add this here because there may be some people here who have done this. I am contemplating doing my new ceilings in a white semi gloss in all the living spaces. I have seen one set of photos so far and am hoping to collect a few more. I'd also love to see any in eggshell or satin. My painter was aghast at the thought and kept saying the word "hospital" like a mantra. He will do as I choose, but I just want to be certain it is the right move.

We have been told our spacklers are the best in our area and our painter is supposed to be gifted too. I am thinking that since it is all new sheetrock, it should not have flaws marring the look. I have a lot of angles and cathedral heights and like how the shine would be from the windows and around the skylights and eyebrow window. Our look is vintage modern, so clean lines and smooth textures.

Any experiences would be helpful. I had a few people post warnings not to do it, but those did not sound like they had ever tried it themselves. I did get one set of pix that showed what I wanted, so that was encouraging.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022