SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Pls Post Your Pix of Dark Cabinets/White Bathrooms

Laurie
11 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I'm starting to do some preliminary design research for my main bathroom in my 1915 Craftsman home. Ideally, I would prefer it to be all white, however, two things prevent me from going in that direction.

One, is that my BF, who lives in the home and is a long term relationship, would prefer something other than all white, although he totally trusts my judgement in design. He just has a hard time visualizing and when he thinks "white" he doesn't realize all the small variations that entails. I've been showing him photos so I think he's warming up to the idea, but I wouldn't mind a compromise on this point.

Second, is that I personally want to carry forward the trim work from the rest of the home, which is dark brown. All of my baseboards, window trim and doors are either stained chestnut or have been painted dark brown. I have a thing about keeping trim consistent. I don't like transitions of that element. It makes for a cohesive feel as you walk throughout the house.

Since I also like the look of a white and dark brown bathroom, my eye is always drawn to them as well, it is equally as appealing to work in that direction.

So - I could use some photos for inspiration if anyone has them in their collection. I've seen many of all white bathrooms, and I have a few brown/white but most of those are a bit too modern in style for what I'm going for.

Thanks!

Comments (16)