SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ont

Sophie is having surgery next week

nicole_ont
14 years ago

She has some sort of cyst on the bridge of her nose that she's had since birth. Doctors in the past have said it's no big deal, and to just keep an eye on it. It leaks gunk and gets infected periodically, so when I see it puffing up, I have to squeeze it like a zit to drain it. She's never been self conscious of it or anything. She thinks it makes her unique. Whenever anyone asks her what it is, she answers, "It's my special nose hole". :)

Lately it's been getting gunkier, and she hates when I have to squeeze it. We went to the doctor about it and he suggested having it surgically removed. She was all for it. A couple of weeks ago she saw the pediatric plastic surgeon, and he says it may not go into the bone, but it likely does - he'll find out for sure when he operates. He also says it'll get worse as she gets older if not fixed now.

She's slightly nervous. I'm a wreck. I hate the thought of her being put to sleep, and the pain afterward. Of course, when I talk about it to her I don't let her know I'm stressing about it.

If you'd keep her (and me!) in your thoughts and prayers, we'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

(Her surgery is next Friday)

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!