SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittymerr_gw

Found the perfect calcutta slab for my backsplash BUT!

kittymerr
15 years ago

Okay, so some of you may know that I have been on the hunt for my backsplash for a ridculously long time. I sought your guidance, most thought that a calcutta gold marble slab would be perfect behind my cooktop. After searching high and low for 1 month, trudging through stone yard after stone yard in the cold. I FOUND IT! It looks exactly like my inspiration piece that I had found some of you thought would be perfect. Now here is the BUT, for a 56" by 39" slab installed and with the designers discount the cost is $2925 plus 2% tax! To do all four of my areas, (2 sides are 29 by 18" and one 60 by 18") would be $5500! Is anyone shocked by these figures? I am! So that is not possible. The stone yard said what I picked is one of the most expensive marbles they have. Of course that is what I would pick, can anyone relate? So, I have been flipping back and forth either just go with a simple subway and be done with it, or do a remnant piece ( HAVE TO FIND IT!) with mosaic marble in same material around it, or a 10 inch slab border with mosaic in the middle) Christopher peacock has some good examples of both. I have many other design wishes I need to keep some spare change for... So I have to be cost conscious. I just can not believe I found what I want and it is too expensive! Help! Here is the link to my kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen

Comments (12)