SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcladd_gw

Not matching sinks -- would you do this combination?

mcladd
14 years ago

I saw tengoffive's post with a similar question in Dec. What about a white cast iron sink and a stainless sink in the same kitchen?

I am doing two sinks - one full size in the perimeter counter and a prep sink on the island. Perimeter counters are dark grey Virginia mist granite on creamy white painted cabs. Island will be Alabama white marble on stained base. I think a white cast iron main sink in the dark grey counter would be pretty! I would like the island sink to match, but I cannot find a cast iron sink that fits my space. (They are all too big to fit in an 18" cab or too small to be of much use.) So I am considering a round stainless prep sink in the marble island.

Prep sink is on opposite side of island from the main kitchen sink. Most of the appliances are stainless (some are paneled), so at least the prep sink would "match" something. I'd rather do both sinks in white cast iron, but I think the stainless prep sink will be fine. My only hesitation is that I can tell that both my interior designer and the kitchen showroom rep think it's a little crazy.

My other options are to use stainless for both sinks, or put in a prep sink that is on the smaller side (12" by 12" D-shape).

Opinions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!