SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pranjal_gw

Need prayers ...

pranjal
15 years ago

Our best friend Ajay has been battling pancreatic cancer (stage 4) for about a year; undergoing chemotherapy at the Al Tawam Hospital (Al Ain, UAE) which is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medicine.

His latest reports show a lesion in the liver (in addition to the ones on the lung and gall bladder which we knew about before). They decided this morning to inject the liver with some drug to make the lesion shrink (targeting only the lesion as the 'good' cells should not be destroyed).

We stayed with Ajay on Tuesday when he was admitted to the hospital for severe abdominal pain and he's been on morphine but the relief is short-lived. As of this evening he is in tremendous pain (after the liver injection) and the morphine isn't working at all. We'll stay with him tomorrow and the day after. His wife Waheeda is trying to manage home, work and hospital stays. His office has been very supportive, his boss said to just stay home if he can't make it, it would be OK.

When DH was new to Dubai he stayed as a paying guest with Ajay and Waheeda; they showed us that friends are family - Waheeda & Ajay have done so much for us; Ajay treats me like he does his little sister and so does Waheeda. Frankly, I'd say they're closer to us than family!

Ajay and Wandy need all the prayers they can get at this time. I know that KT prayers work, so please if you could, send up some prayers for Ajay and Wandy.

Many thanks

Pranjal & Mandar

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County