SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

Does Anyone Have Pots And Pans Just Hanging On The Wall?

kmgard
10 years ago

We're trying to rearrange our entire kitchen using our existing cabinets. (All reasons explained in my original post, which also includes the layout, here.) Originally we were just going to work with the existing layout due to two different floor surfaces, wanting to keep it simple and inexpensive, etc., but since island hoods are so expensive for the peninsula range, my husband wants to get rid of the peninsula completely and move the range to the fridge wall. We'll still be spending money to fix the floors and such, but at least this way we'll hopefully get a better layout.

The problem now? We'd end up having this weird hodgepodge of cabinets on the range wall. I can deal with that in the base cabinets, but with mismatched wall cabinets, it will just look weird. I'm not a fan of open storage because of dust (I know people say things you use often don't get that dusty, but the shelves themselves do and we have two dogs), but at this point I'm considering it purely to save the aesthetics since we have to re-sell this place in a few years. So does anyone have open shelving around their range or pot/pan hooks? Do you find it looks messy? Do you like the convenience? Or should I try to figure out a cabinetry solution?

Thanks!
Katie

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Post

Comments (6)