SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robren777

Closing deal tonite & PANICKING-is this a good Carrier system?

robren777
14 years ago

You would think that after reading and reading almost every post in this forum that I would be ready to sign on the dotted line but now that it's really happening, I'm starting to doubt myself. This is a huge expense for us and I want to make sure we're doing it right.

I'm okay on the price...I just want to know if it's a good set up and if there's anything else that I should have him spell out on the contract.

We have a 1275 sq. ft home. Mild winters, very hot summers (100-112 degrees average).

They said that they will do a manual J and D.

Carrier Infinity Series Variable Speed Furnace

Model #58CVX-090116. 110,000 BTU. 80.2% AFUE Two Stage Gas Valve. ECM Blower Motor.

Carrier 3.5 Ton Performance Series Cased N-Coil. Puron Model CNPHP42.

Carrier 3.5 Ton Performance Series Condensing Unit Model 24APA542. R-410A Puron System. BEL Rating as low as 6.6. Rated SEER up to 17.0.

They are taking out our swamp cooler off the roof and closing up the space. We've chosen to have the A/C outside on the ground.

Installing all new duct work after an abestos team comes out to remove old ducting/asbestos.

Relocate furnace to attic space complete with new attic access, work station and service light as per code

Suspend new furnace from roof rafters to ensure quiet system operation.

Install new R-6 duct system.

Seal system as per title 24 requirements.

Install manual dampers at all accessible branches.

Install 7/8" refrigerant lines and install filter dryer to protect new equipment.

Install new primary and secondary condensation drain lines with safety pan.

Equipment check out and system start up. All tax, labor, materials and city permits included.

$ 12,768.00

Carrier Cool Cash rebate $ 350.00

Electric company rebates $ 100.00

System after all rebates $ 12,318.00

Comments (3)